University of the People (UoPeople) http://www.uopeople.org/ is the world’s first tuition-free online university dedicated to the global advancement and democratization of higher education.
The University embraces the worldwide presence of the Internet and dropping technology costs to bring tuition-free undergraduate degree programs to qualified high school graduates around the world. UoPeople offers Associates and Bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration and Computer Science.
With the support of academic leadership from top universities and having accepted more than 1500 students from over 130 countries to date, UoPeople is well on its way to becoming a global higher education leader.
Currently, University of the People offers the following four undergraduate degrees: Associate (A.S.-B.A.) and Bachelor (B.S.-B.A.) degrees in Business Administration and Associate (A.S.-C.S.) and Bachelor (B.S.-C.S.) degrees in Computer Science.
Please review this list carefully. Gather all the required documentation together. Upon completion of the online application process, attach all documentation below and post to:
University of the People
Office of Admissions
225 S. Lake Ave. Suite 300
Pasadena, CA. 91101 USA
- Before mailing your forms, be sure to make photocopies for your records.
- Remember to check that you have signed the required forms and have included all documentation in your envelope.
- Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
For further assistance or clarifications or if you are not sure you have the right documents – we are here to help you at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just complete your online application, collect your username and password first and then contact us.
- Cover Sheet – read, print and sign.
- High School Diploma and High School Transcript or its equivalent from a recognized institution in one of the following formats:
- An official copy of the diploma and transcript sent in a sealed envelope from an official authority (Ministry of Education, High School, etc.) directly to UoPeople.
- The original diploma and transcript.
- Photocopy of the original diploma and transcript, certified by a notary or by an official of the issuing institution. Documents must bear the original certifying stamps and signatures.
Non English Diplomas
A diploma and transcript in one of the formats mentioned above and in addition a full and accurate translation of the diploma and transcript into English, approved by an official authority or by a notary. This means that UoPeople must receive both a certified/notarized copy of your diploma(s) and transcript(s) in their original language, and notarized translations for each document. Translations should be accurate, word-for-word translations drafted by your Ministry of Education or by a professional translator or translation company.
Please note that all submitted documents become the property of University of the People, and cannot be returned.
TOEFL Scores: Applicants who have taken the paper based TOEFL (or its equivalent) before applying to UoPeople should submit an official copy of their scores.